Quick & Yummy Roasted Chicken
This is what I make when:
- (a) I am not in the mood to cook. It literally takes 5 minutes to prepare – really!
- (b) I have no energy to argue. This is one of Looli & Soosh’s favorites.
- (c) I crave some succulent chicken. There is something special about this juicy and tender dish. It’s simple yet delicious.
When you buy the chicken legs, look for small ones – they taste much better.
There is not need to add any oil because the chicken releases its own juices and fat. I serve it with a green salad or a cabbage salad with Tahini dip on the side.
- Organic chicken Legs: 1 whole leg per person (or as many you desire)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 420ºF and position a rack in the center of the oven and prepare a roasting pan with baking paper. (The paper is optional, but it makes it much easier to clean the pan later).
- Before I wash the chicken, I personally like to cut off some of the chicken fat (the white chunks) with kitchen scissors, but you don’t have to.
- Wash the legs with cold water and put it on the pan. Dry the legs with a paper towel and turn them so they’re skin-side down. Sprinkle legs with salt & pepper, and put in the oven.
- Cook for 30 minutes, then flip them and cook for 30 more minutes.
- To check if the chicken is ready, cut between the leg and the thigh and look at the color of the juice that comes out. If it is clear the chicken is ready, if the juice comes out pinkish, put it back in the oven for ten more minutes.