I usually make this next recipe for Passover (and when I just want something yummy) but with all of the holiday pleasant chaos, I let myself forget. But it’s never too late to make those sweet and light treats (which are also dairy-free). My grandmother used to make them all the time and so do I. They are really delicious.
Try to avoid baking them on a wet or humid day so they don’t lose their crisp and slowly melt into something soft and sticky.
Ingredients for 15 -20 cookies
- 2 large egg whites at room temperature
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the oven rack in the middle and preheat the oven to 300°F. Put the mini cupcake liners on a baking sheet or in a mini cupcake tray.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl of an electric mixer and add the salt. Beat the egg whites on a medium speed until it’s foamy.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat on high speed until the foam is stiff, smooth and glossy. Remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Gently fold in the coconut flakes, then stir in the vanilla extract until and continue to fold until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Use a little spoon to drop some batter into the cupcake liners. Put the baking sheet or the cupcakes tray in the oven and bake until the cookies are golden-brown all over, about 35 to 40 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through.
- Let the cookies to cool on a wire rack before you store them in an airtight container for up to a week.